Hi Families. You have all made it to the first weekend of our new learning situation. I wanted to offer some friendly advise. As always, take-it or leave-it:
- Unless you are working on something with them, let this be a different schedule and feeling then during the week. This should help them differentiate the expectations Monday through Friday.
- Do something as a family. Play a game, read a book aloud together, bake, cook, clean, garden, go for a walk, sing a song, do a puzzle. Think back to your childhood and enjoy in connecting your kids to what you did when you were their age.
- Binge watch some movies. Star Wars, Back to the Future, Gremlins, Harry Potter. Or go back further and watch some classics: Wizard of Oz, E.T., Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factor or Mary Poppins (two of my all-time favorites.)
- Check on elderly neighbors. Do they need anything? Could they just use someone saying hello to them? Be mindful of social distancing.
- Play-with, are actively watch, you kids play a video game. Ask then questions about the game. It will show you care, allow you to connect with what is important to them, and at the same time will annoy them a little (yep, it’s your turn!!)
- Be sate. Be kind. Be thankful.